Sahil Khanna, M.B.B.S.
Mayo Clinic on Digestive 4th Ed
Area of Expertise
- C. difficile infection
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Fecal microbiota transplantation
- Clinical trials in C. difficile infection
- Outcomes from fecal transplantation and role of the gut microbiome in C. difficile infection
- Epidemiology and outcomes of C. difficile infection
Sahil Khanna, M.B.B.S., M.S. is a Gastroenterologist and Hepatologist with a special interest in colonic diseases including Gastrointestinal infections and the gut microbiome.
– Expertise in management of primary and recurrent Clostridioides difficile infection
– Evaluation of patients for microbiome based therapies such as fecal microbiota transplantation
– Diagnosis and management of patients with undifferentiated Gastrointestinal symptoms
– Passionate about educating patients to promote their understanding of their disease
In addition to clinical activities, Dr. Khanna is active in clinical research and trainee education. Areas of research interest include Epidemiology, Outcomes and Emerging Therapeutics for C difficile infection, an arena in which he has had numerous publications and presentations. His team participates and leads several clinical trials for management of recurrent C. difficile infection. Dr. Khanna provides mentorship to residents, fellows and research trainees. He authors expert content, clinical studies and publishes in high-impact scientific journals.
Dr. Khanna directs the Comprehensive Gastroenterology Interest group, C. difficile Clinic, Fecal Microbiota Transplantation program and C. difficile related Clinical Trials at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN. He is the practice chair for the Inpatient Gastroenterology practice and the Residents’ rotation director for the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Mayo Clinic, Rochester, MN.