The Essential Diabetes Book, 3rd Edition, from Mayo Clinic, provides you with key steps to managing diabetes. This includes essential advice on how to monitor your blood sugar, how to eat better, how to become more physically active, how to lose weight and maintain a healthy weight, and how to get the most from your medications.
In this book, Mayo Clinic experts provide comprehensive advice on:
- Monitoring your blood sugar
- Eating well (including recipes) and managing carb intake
- Becoming more active and fit
- Reaching and maintaining a healthy weight
- Getting the most from your medications
- Using different insulin regimens to manage your blood sugar
- Dealing with diabetes distress and burnout
- Helping your child thrive with diabetes
- And more!
New chapters have been added to this latest edition. Technology is transforming diabetes management and making it easier for people to monitor their blood sugar and manage insulin therapy. A new chapter on living well with diabetes provides tips and strategies for navigating relationships, managing stress, cultivating coping skills and finding extra help when you need it. And finally, there is a new chapter on traveling with diabetes because having diabetes shouldn’t stop you from seeking adventure and living an active and full life.
2022 • 320 pages • Mayo Clinic Press