Mayo Clinic Press is a health- and medicine-focused trade publisher and part of Mayo Clinic.
At Mayo Clinic Press, we are building a world-class trade publishing program featuring authors and experts weighing in on a broad scope of health subjects. We publish a carefully curated list of approximately 20 titles a year in multiple formats, with a stated goal to expand to 70-80 titles by 2030. We are science based, data driven, and bent on high quality, while growing diversity and maintaining accessibility.
There is room on our list for a wide variety of projects, ranging from prescriptive nonfiction all the way to big idea, narrative books. We are actively pursuing the top talent in the specific areas of women’s health, aging, neuroscience, the mind-body connection, holistic medicine, pain, mental health, technology, the frontiers of medicine, thought leadership, health policy, history, biography, and equity in healthcare. We do not publish fiction.
We are open to considering agented and non-agented book proposals and completed manuscripts. Writing that reflects diverse voices and backgrounds is strongly encouraged and welcome.
Please include the following items in your submission.
- A working title and a subtitle.
- A one-paragraph overview that explains the premise of your book, why you wrote it, and who you see the audience being (with any relevant data you might have about the potential size of the audience).
- A brief author biography that focuses on why you are uniquely qualified to write your book and what kind of platform you may have to reach a wide audience.
- A table of contents that outlines the book, with chapter titles, as well as brief descriptions of the material each chapter will cover.
- A market analysis of the potential readership for your book, including comparisons to similar books.
- A sample chapter that is representative of the style and content of the larger work.
We invite you to submit your queries (as Word documents or PDFs, as email attachments) to email@example.com. Please be patient awaiting a reply.
Thank you very much in advance for giving us the opportunity to consider your project.